- Patients are required to pay for their portion of the office visits at the time that services are rendered. This includes co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and patient portions.
- We accept cash, checks, money orders and major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
- If all or a portion of your bill is covered by insurance, we will file for that amount but ask that you pay your required portion at the time of service.
- It is important that you pay these at the time of service so that you can avoid having to pay large balances that have been accumulated over time.
- The person who brings the child to the office is responsible for payment of any patient due amounts.
- In accidents, legal cases, divorce, or other cases in which a third party is presumed liable for your expenses, the office expects the party receiving services to provide payment.
- We will be happy to furnish a receipt so that you can be reimbursed. Please keep your receipt as your proof of payment.
- You will receive a statement each month for any unpaid balance. Please pay your outstanding amount promptly. If you are concerned about a possible discrepancy with your bill, please call our Business Office at (859) 276-2005 immediately.